Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Cloudy day

I absolutely love Google documents and wouldn't be without it. Although I've never used it for work, in my personal life, I use documents, forms and spreadsheets to do just about everything. My writing is all in the cloud, which means I'm less likely to lose drafts and random snippets that I might want some day, and Google forms are just brilliant. I'm running something right now that has over 60 partipants, and the forms make life so very, very much easier. I think the best thing about Forms is the way the results are kicked out - easy to interpret and manipulate however you need. Although I've never used Google Presentations - and doubt that I'd want to move away from Powerpoint for creating them - being able to upload them to the cloud means I don't have to worry about file corruption or my terrible memory. If I forget anything, it'll be there for me to edit, and I can always download it as a .ppt file again.

Rather than email my form, I thought I'd try to embed it. Click the jump link to see if it worked!




My first attempt at that was much, much bigger, but fortunately I knew what to look for in the code and was able to make it smaller - the scroll bar appeared automatically, which was quite pleasing.

I'm afraid ThinkFree turned out to be a bit of a washout for me. I couldn't get it to create a new document for me, and while I liked the idea of being able to see random things that people had shared, I don't think that would be enough to keep me coming back. I did like being able to preview a document, but can't really see me using it that much. As others have said, it's very slow and seemed to take forever to upload my document, while slowing me down on other things (thank you, java). Overall, not a hit, I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment